Can you believe that it’s the 1st of December today? This year really has flown by, but I’m not going to complain as I am super excited that we are in the run up to Christmas. I am very much a festive person so don’t be surprised if you see a few festive posts over the next few weeks. Today I’m going to run through the things that I love about the festive period.
- Spending time with my family – This is hands down my favourite thing about Christmast time, especially now my brother is at Uni and we don’t see him often. It’s one of the only times during the year we are all at home together so that’s really important to me.
- Buying Christmas Gifts – You might think I am slightly mad but I absolutely love buying people christmas presents. The whole process of finding them a nice gift, taking the time to wrap it and them seeing them open it on Christmas day is so satisfying.
- Festive hot drinks – I count down the days until Costa release their festive drinks, it’s almost one of the signs that Christmas is on it’s way for me.
- Christmas lights – The past few years I have been trying to get into the habit of going to my local ‘Light Switch On’ and this always gets me feeling really festive. We don’t tend to have lots of lights around the house anymore like when we were younger so I really love seeing the town all lit up.
- Pigs in Blankets – I’m not much of a roast dinner person, but Christmas dinner is a whole other story! My absolute favourite part is pigs in blankets.
- Festive Films – I’m not massively into cheesy Christmas films, but I love to watch the first few Harry Potter films in the run up to Christmas. The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe always gets me in the festive spirit too. Elf is another of my favourite Christmas films, and I always end up watching ‘The Holiday’ with my mum in December.
- Decorating the Christmas Tree – I’m such a big kid and I like to decorate the tree every year. When my brother and I were younger we always used to tamper with the tree and blame it on our dogs, so it brings back some lovely memories.
- Festive Celebrations – Christmas time is not just for family but friends too, I love going to work parties and having meals with my friends. It’s lovely to see everyone letting their hair down especially as it’s the end of the year too.
- Christmas Jumpers – This is another tradition that has only been in my life the last few years, but I love a good Christmas jumper!
- Festive Treats – Lets not beat around the bush, I’m quite a food orientated person.. I love the goodies that creep out of the woodwork at this time of year. Lindor chocolates are top of the list, but I also love having a cheese board and a little Christmas tipple too!
What do you love the most about the festive season?