Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. I’m back from my little blogging break and I feel so much better for it. It had just got to a point where I felt like things were getting on top of me a bit too much, so I think it was definitely needed. I had such a lovely time over Christmas with my family. Now I’m feeling super refreshed and ready for the new year ahead.
I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you my goals for my blog over the next 12 months. I still see myself as being quite new to the community, having only been blogging for 8 months. But within that time I feel that I’ve learnt a lot, so I definitely want to make some changes in the new year.
1. Post less and have a set blogging schedule – This past 8 months I have been posting almost daily, and it’s really started to take it’s toll on me. In 2016 I am giving myself a set schedule, I will be posting 4 times a week; Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
2. Upload more regularly on my YouTube channel – I want to upload a new video once a week to my channel throughout 2016. I think if I’m posting less on my blog I should have enough time to film more regularly.
3. Utilise Instagram much more! – I feel like out of all my social media accounts, Instagram is the one I struggle with the most. In 2016 I want to post photos more regularly and try to build my following on Instagram. I would love to have 1200 followers by the end of 2016.
4. Make more of an effort to read more blogs – The last couple of months I’ve been so snowed under I haven’t had the chance to do as much reading as usual, so I’m making it my business to get more involved with other peoples blogs. Also I think reading other blogs can be great for inspiration too.
5. Focus less on the numbers and more on the content – I have always been very much driven by targets and set goals, so at times I often put too much pressure on myself. That’s why I’m not going to give myself a followers or views goal for the next year as the most important thing to me as that I enjoy what I write.
What are your blogging goals for 2016?