Today I wanted to talk about a few things I’d like to do before the end of this year. With me starting University in September lots of things will be changing. I thought it would be nice to have a record of some things I would like to/achieve by the end of the year.
- Go on another city break with Mark before my course starts – I’ve ended up having around a 3 week gap in between leaving my job and starting University, so I really hope we can fit in another city break. We are thinking about going to Berlin so if you’ve been there before I’d love any tips/advice you may have.
- Go Kayaking with Mark – every summer we have been together we have always talked about learning to kayak, so I’d love to finally get round to doing that this summer.
- Get back into more of a routine with running and healthy eating – Since Glastonbury I have fallen out of my routine and I’m determined to get back on track. I’d love to get closer to my 5km running PB and I’d also really like to try to lose half a stone in weight.
- Make more time for Baking – This is something that contradicts the last point, but I find baking so fun and therapeutic but I rarely get round to doing it. So I definitely want to make sure I do plenty of baking whilst I have the free time.
- Attend more blog related events – Whilst I’m studying I will be spending a lot of time in Bristol/ Swindon, so I would love to try to attend some events whilst I’m there.
- Maintain a balance between University, my blog and “me time” – I’ve found in the past it’s so easy to get wrapped up in blogging, and I’m determined to carrying on writing whilst I’m at University. But I know how important it is to get the balance right, as at the end of the day my happiness is the most important thing!
- Try to keep a more positive outlook on life – I’m making it my business to stop comparing myself to others, whether that’s in my studies, day to day life or blogging. I want to give myself more praise as well as praising others, as I feel like spreading happiness just promotes even more happiness!
I’m trying to steer away from setting “blog goals” as I feel like it encourages me to put too much pressure on myself. I think by having put my thoughts on paper with this, I’m much more likely to stick with it. It’s also a really nice thing to look back on in future too.
Do you have any goals, or things you’d really like to do before the year is out?