I recently did a poll over on my SW Instagram page (click here to follow me over there) – asking if you were interested in seeing SW recipes over here on my blog and I had a really positive response. So, there’s no surprise that today’s blog post is a Slimming World recipe.
Lunch is probably the meal that I struggle with the most. I work very long shifts so I like to have something tasty and filling for lunch, and I like to change things up to keep it interesting as much as I can. This week I decided to make some mini Frittatas packed with tasty goodies. I think they are great for breakfast, or for lunch depending on what filling you choose. I made a huge batch so that I could do lunch prep for myself and my boyfriend, but obviously you could scale back this recipe if you’re just cooking for yourself.
Ingredients to make 16 mini frittatas:
– 14 eggs
– 6 bacon rashers or medallions
– 1 red onion
– Handful of spring onion
– 1 pack of Heck chicken italia sausages (10 per pack, each sausage is 0.5syns)
– Reduced fat cheese to sprinkle on top (Healthy extra A)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cook the heck sausages as per packet instructions, I prefer to fry them in a pan.
- Once cooked cut the sausages into bite size pieces and leave to one side.
- Dice the bacon, red onion and spring onion, then fry in frylight until soft.
- Mix all of your eggs in a large bowl and season, I like to use salt and italian herbs.
- Add your filling to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Spray a muffin tin with frylight and carefully spoon in your mixture.
- Cook your frittatas for 8 minutes, before adding a sprinkling of cheese and returning to the oven for another 2 minutes.
I love this recipe as I feel like they are so many options you can use for filling to keep things exciting. I think next time I may use pizza inspired ingredients – some tomato and maybe chorizo (using syns of course).
Make sure you let me know if you give this recipe a go, I’d love to see your photos! Don’t forget to head on over to my SW Instagram page where you can catch daily updates of my meals and progress with SW too.